AS REGARDS TO SUPPORTING POLITICAL TRANSITIONS AT SUB.REGIONAL, REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVELS
17. We call on the African Union and regional bodies, as well as partners, to support inclusive political transitions in affected African countries, in form of robust response and commitment to deepen democracy and ensure collective security.
18. We emphasize that subregional, regional and international organisations must strengthen their mediation role and facilitate dialogue and mutual understanding between stakeholders as well as seek the necessary compromises to achieve peaceful and constructive transitions.
19. We call on sub-regional, regional and international organizations to avoid conflict and overlapping agendas in monitoring and supporting political transitions.
20. We request from sub-regional, regional and international organisations to further support national efforts to strengthen the role and presence of States in transition throughout their territories and to support them in the implementation of development policies and the fight against poverty, especially in the most disadvantaged areas.
21. We underline the need to define transition periods in a consensual and inclusive manner, taking into account the imperatives of strengthening institutions and addressing the root causes of the crisis.
22. We invite for vigilance in supporting the political transitions in order to avoid transition periods becoming fertile grounds for the breakdown of peace, the development of subversive, Separatists and terrorist activities.
23. We also invite sub-regional, regional and international organisations to be creative and to establish a contextualised diagnosis of cases and situations of transition in order to go beyond the usual normative frameworks to propose reforms of the State and institutions that will respond to the aspirations of all.
24. We call lor constructive dialogue with countries in transition and provide them with efficient support by adapting solutions and support initiatives to the specific situation of each country.
25. We underline the need to consider regional security context in supporting political transitions in the Sahel and West Africa.
26. We request sub-regional, regional and international organisations to update their monitoring and supporting actions of political transitions, to strengthen situation monitoring systems and create intelligence, strategic and geostrategic thinking centres to support their decision-making processes.
27. It should be stressed, however, that the effectiveness of the intervention of sub regional, regional and international organisations in political transitions depends on other factors, including the political will and readiness of transitional governments to cooperate with them.